We all know that its very difficult to find our Lost Android Phone when we forget it somewhere around. Most of us start making calls although it doesn’t make any sense if in silent mode (vibration mode too is off). Here I am going to tell you a better way to find your android device if it is lost somewhere around.
You can use Google’s official Android Device Manager to locate your phone, here are the simple steps:
- Go to Android Device Manager by Google in your desktop browser, follow the link HERE.
- Login with the same Gmail account you used to activate your Android Device before and registered in Google Play.
- Now you will see your device name and last login date. Also, you will be seeing three options i.e. Ring, Lock and Erase.
- By clicking on Ring, your device starts ringing at high volume which help you find your phone in seconds. This function works even when your phone is in silent mode.
- You can also Lock your device with a password in case device is lost. You have to input a message and a number to make sure whoever finds your phone, can call you back at that number.
- If the Location services of the device are turned on, you can find the exact location of the device by clicking on locate service which is at the right side of the device name.
You can also wipe off the data by clicking on Erase. It’ll perform a factory reset on your device. Your apps, photos, music and settings will be deleted. After you erase the device, Android Device Manager will no longer work. Factory reset setting will start working automatically when your device is online.
Warning: Do not forget the password at the time of locking.