Telepathy (from the Ancient Greek, tele meaning “distant” and pathos or -patheia meaning “feeling, perception, passion, affliction, experience”) is the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction. The term was coined in 1882 by the classical scholar Frederic W. H. Myers, a founder of the Society for Psychical Research, and has remained more popular than the earlier expression thought-transference.
It is generally accepted in the scientific community that there is no replicable evidence that the phenomenon exists, and it is generally considered to be pseudoscience.
Telepathy is a common theme in modern fiction and science fiction, with many extraterrestrials, superheroes, and supervillains having telepathic ability.
How to Develop Telepathy
Preparing to Perform Telepathy
2. Eliminate your physical perception. One of the main requirements of telepathy is to separate yourself from your physical body. This allows you to focus on thought, and the message you are trying to send. Some ways of doing this are wearing headphones while playing recorded white noise, or wearing goggles painted white.
- This is especially important for the receiver. If the receiver is bogged down in conversation or argument, he or she will not be able to accurately receive the message you wish to convey.
3. Engage in energetic coupling. This is when there is some sort of bond between the receiver and the sender. When you have an affinity for someone (a best friend) or when you both share common interests is when the energetic coupling is at its peak. Try engaging with the other person by asking them questions, such as: what is your favorite color, where would you like to visit, and/or where are you from?
- Once this initial bond is formed, you will want to try and read their thoughts before they come out of their mouth. Pick up on visual and contextual clues as to where the conversation is headed.
- This bond can also be formed if you get a “feeling” when they talk. This could be warmth when they talk about their background, or coldness when they say their favorite color is blue.
- One the bond has been formed, the energetic coupling can last days, weeks, or even months. Even if you are separated thousands of miles apart, the bond will stick. This bond will help when you are actually participating in the act of telepathy.
4. Stretch your muscles and exercise. This step is designed to help you relax your mind, and focus better. Yoga is the best exercise routine to perform as it is both spiritual, and not that intense. Grab a soft mat, or lay on your floor. One of the most common yoga moves is to sit on your butt, with your eyes closed, as you raise your hands slowly.
- Remember that the goal is to relax, so do not strain yourself too much.
Transmitting a Telepathic Message
1. Sit across from one another. After you have decided who will be the receiver, and who will be the sender, sit across from one another in an upright position. Your bodies should be facing one another, and your eyes should be closed. Spend a few minutes clearing your mind, and settling into your position.
- While telepathy can technically happen far away, it is best to start out up close and personal. It is also best to limit the amount of time you commit to one session, otherwise you could become mentally tired.
2. Visualize an image of the receiver. The sender should picture the receiver as clearly as possible (with their eyes closed). This should be as detailed as possible. Make details in your mind about the person’s eye color, weight, height, length of hair, personal quirks, etc. If you are doing the transmitting from far away, feel as if the person is sitting right in front of you.
- If you are far away from the receiver, have a picture nearby to remind you of what they look like before you begin telepathy.
5. Transmit your message. After your mental image is charged up, direct it through the silver tube. You have to believe that the message will transfer through, and reach the receiver. Push it through with all of your brain power. Feel the emotion of your mental image as it passes through. This may take up to 15 minutes in order for the message to get to the receiver.
- If it takes too long, it may be that this transmission experiment has failed. If so, stop and meditate. Eventually come back and try the transmission again, using a different image.
Attempting Higher Levels of Telepathy
- If this method is accomplished, the top of the water should move. This method may take up to ten minutes.
- Really build up the energy pulse. You need to be in complete control of it. Maintain it for a long time, before you release it down the string and into the water.